Friday, May 9, 2014

Fridays

Everything is better on Fridays. Despite the number of nights I worked late this week or how many emails I still have to get through or what the weather looks like outside, life just feels better on Friday. You know you're in the home stretch and you feel a thousand feet tall to take on everything that stands between you and two days of rest, recharging, and fun. I'm typing this as I sit on the comfy couches in our building lobby because I thought, "It's Friday! I'm ‘bout to take a mid-morning break!"

Today, in a small way (a very small way), I sense what it's like to anticipate Heaven. To know that there is something coming that is better, and to long for it. There is something in your spirit that senses that. How incredible the anticipation should be for not just two days of rest and running errands, but an eternity of rest and NO to-do lists (Heaven, come down!). I want my soul to long for it.

“…we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” (2 Corinthians 4:18)

No comments:

Post a Comment